03 Apr Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Yields: 16 enchiladas
2 tsp. olive oil
2 onions, diced
10 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into strips
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 4.5 oz. cans of green chiles
28 oz. tomato puree
2 cups water
1 can black beans
½ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prep a large baking sheet with parchment paper, or foil; spray with pan spray or spread a small amount of olive oil to coat pay to prevent sticking.
3. On the stovetop over medium heat, heat up a large sauce pan or Dutch oven. Add olive oil. Add diced onions and minced garlic and cooked until softened, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the chicken pieces and season with salt. Cook approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently to cook the chicken evenly.
5. Add the green chiles, cook another minute.
6. Add the cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir to coat chicken evenly with spices.
7. Pour in tomato puree and water. Stir. Add beans and stir.
8. Simmer on medium for 15 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly.
9. Use a colander to drain the sauce from the chicken and bean mixture; separate but keep both components.
10. Assemble the enchiladas by spreading a small teaspoon of sour cream on each tortilla and spooning 1/3 cup of chicken bean filling . Roll up and place seam side down on your baking pan. Repeat for all 16.
11. Pour the strained sauce evenly over the enchiladas. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
12. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until cheese has melted and edges of the tortillas are slightly browned.
13. Serve with chopped cilantro, if desired
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.